Monday, July 30

Jul 21st: Longs Peak Chasm Lake - Lago Chasm en Pico Longs

Jon, Esteban and Josh on a new adventure. I went out hiking again with two friends from work. This time we went to Chasm Lake in Longs Peak in the other side of Rocky Mountain National Park. We started on a much higher altitude this time to keep on training for our backpacking trip. From the ranger station to Chasm Lake it's about 4.2 mi and I think we started at 9K feet...



Fresh and ready, so the journey begins...


Beautiful indian paintbrush flowers along the way


Almost there... 1.7 mi to go


The Conquistadores

0.7 mi more to go... so close!

Columbines


I was so excited that we made it that I wanted to keep on going and started walking on water!!!

Posted by Picasa


We had lunch and Jill's hiking best friend joined us... a marmot. We named it "Woody Woodchunk". Apparently someone left a banana pill that Woody was chowing and not sharing!

No comments: